Rui XU is a London-based award-winning fashion designer, contemporary artist, and painter, whose works bridge fashion, textiles, painting, music, and performance. Collectors of whose work include Clarence House, the V&A Museum, the China Silk Museum and the late Dame Zaha Hadid.
THE SKY IN THEIR EYES | V&A Museum | London, UK | 2017
· Experimental Performance: A Journey of Hope and Tragedy through Fashion and Dance Theatre,
· Collaborated with the musician, choreographer and dancers, all coming from different cultural backgrounds
· Paper garments conveyed the Chu aesthetics of ‘huge defines beauty', body movements simulating the wind, clouds and birds expressed the Tao, the music indicated the destruction of the balance of nature. Masks were made with 3D printing from nylon and resin.
Animal Ball: Antelope Family & David’s Deer | V&A museum, Victoria House, Clarence House
London, UK | 2016
· Held by The Elephant Family, supported by The Prince of Wales
· Donated 40 masks to the event
· Along with the luxury Couture House, raised 1.7 million pounds to save the endangered animals
Zaha Hadid Gallery London, UK
‘Beauty on Fire’ 2016
· A memory for the late Zaha Hadid, a mentor and client
· Matching the display of Zaha Hadid’s furniture design works
· Included the bespoke fashion for Zaha: Black Tears & Twice Triumphs
Saatchi Gallery London, UK
‘Chant of Breath’ 2015
· An experimental performance through Fashion & Dance Theatre
· Collaborated with musician, dancers, make-up and hair artists
· Conveying Classical Chinese Aesthetics in multi-culture background
Royal College of Art London, UK
‘From Xuan To Blindness’ 2015
· Solo Exhibition, Performance with Fashion & Contemporary Art
· Sought the Convergence of Chinese and Western Aesthetics
· Conveying Classical Chinese Aesthetics in multi-cultural background
Background - select the background color for the site.
Background Image - apply a background image for the site.
Content Width - set the width of the content area on pages and blogs.
Content Alignment - control the alignment of the page content area.
Content Title/Description - show or hide the page title and description.
Control the typeface and other font properties for the Site Title, Tagline, and Navigation.
Hide Folder Symbol - disables the '+' icon that precedes any folder link in the main navigation.
Index Transition - determines the effect used to transition from one slide to the next.
Hide Arrows - turns off gallery navigation arrows.
Hide Folder Title - removes the folder title from the project navigation display.
Auto Play - enables transitions to begin automatically without the user clicking an arrow.
Auto Play Delay - determines the timing between each slide transition.
Lightbox Transition - determines the effect used to transition from one slide to the next in the gallery view.
Borders Color - set the color used on site borders.
Show Author Name - include the author name in the article entry title area next to the date.
Sidebar Position - determines the position / display of the blog sidebar.
Sidebar Width - sets the width used for the blog sidebar.
Product Background Color - sets the color behind the product image.
Product Overlay Color - sets the color of the overlay when product list titles are set to 'overlay.'
Products Per Row - determines the number of products shown per line on the product list.
Product List Titles - controls the position of the product title on the product list.
Product List Alignment - sets the text alignment of the product title on the product list.
Product Item Size - select an image ratio for the product photo on the product list.
Product Image Auto Crop - determines whether product images fill the image area or fit within.
Product Gallery Size - select an image ratio for the product gallery on the product item page.
Product Gallery Auto Crop - determines whether product images fill the gallery area or fit within.
Show Product Price - shows the price on the product list page when enabled.
Show Product Item Nav - shows the 'back to shop' link on the product item page.
Event Time Format - toggle between 24 hour or AM/PM for event times.
Event Icons - enable icons on the address and event time display.
Event Thumbnails - show an image thumbnail in list view.
Event Thumbnail Size - controls the size (ratio width:height) of the event thumbnail image.
Event Date Label - enable date overlay on top of event thumbnail.
Event Date Label Time - include the time of the event with the date overlay.
Event Excerpts - show optional excerpt text of events on the list view when present.
Event List Date - show the full event date (day, month, year) of the event on the list view.
Event List Time - show the time range (start time-end time) of the event on the list view.
Event List Address - show the event location address when present.
Event iCal/gCal Links - show links to add events to Apple or Google calendars.
Event Like and Share Buttons - show Squarespace simple like and share buttons on events.
Event List Compact View - enable a simple stacked view of events in the list view.
Event Calendar Compact View - enable a simpler calendar view optimized for smaller areas